3D Nail Art Rules
*Please note this competition is Divisional.
NOVICE – never competed; never placed 1st in any competition anywhere.
3D nail art (divisional, novice & advanced)
1. Competitors may submit more than one entry, but must pay a registration fee for each entry.
2. Entries may be turned in by the competitor or the competitor may have someone else walk it in. You do not need to be present to enter this competition.
3. All work must be completed by the competitor prior to the competition. No workstation, seating or electrical outlet will be provided.
4. 3-D Nail Art entry must consist of 5 full size individual manufacturer tips. Tips must be graduated in size, maximum of 2” in length. Original tip color/shape does NOT matter.
5. All nail art must be made from professional nail products and embellishments (colored liquid-and-powder acrylic, light-cured gel, wraps and resin, polish, rhinestones, etc.)
6. Embellishments or adornments may be used, but must NOT exceed 25% of the overall design. You must create minimum 75% of your pieces.
7. Top coat or UV gel sealant may be used.
8. Competitors may use a similar version of copyrighted art, design or logo, but they must not be identical to the original. If the artwork does not follow the criteria, judges will determine point deductions.
9. Designs may not extend more than 1 inch high off the nail in any direction.
10. Tips must be securely fastened to the required base but must remain individual and not be secured to one another. Design may encompass all tips as a picture, but tips must remain separate. If tips do not meet the requirements, the design may be disqualified or receive a point deduction.
11. Display: Five tips must be SECURLY fastened to a plain (one color no texture no mirror), flat surface for the judging process. The size of the mounting surface is to be a maximum of 6 inches wide by 8 inches long by 1/4 thick and it must be FLAT, FLUSH AND STURDY. Any rise that does not meet this requirement may receive point deduction.
12. Competitors must prepare and submit a written statement in two parts:
-Detailing the products and processes used to create the art (do NOT name specific brands or manufacturers)
-Your interpretation of the theme.
Failure to provide this information will result in a point deduction. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME on write ups.
3-D Nail Art will be judged in the following categories: originality, visual interest, color, presentation, balance, design, dimension, overall impression, complexity, workmanship, tip length and theme interpretation.
*Any 3-D Nail Art design that wins, or has already won, first place at a competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors. Entries cannot be posted on social media sites prior to judging.